Compare narrowboat insurance quotes from leading marine insurers including in order to find cheap narrowboat insurance that suits your specific requirements.Quote Now
Buying a narrowboat can be a significant financial investment and it is important to ensure that you can compare narrowboat insurance quotes so that you can get the best price for the insurance cover you need.
Narrowboat insurance is a specialist class of insurance which most of the big brand insurance companies won't insure and we aim to help you compare narrowboat insurance quotes from leading insurance providers.
The key elements of narrowboat insurance to look out for include:
- Comprehensive Cover – where possible you should try and insure your narrowboat for “comprehensive” cover which includes insurance for accidental damage, theft and malicious damage/vandalism
- Third Party Liability Insurance – you should obtain a minimum of £1m Third Party Liability insurance for your narrowboat as this is the minimum requirement for many harbours, marinas, or water authorities and to ensure you have adequate insurance cover in the event of injury to a third party or damage to their property whilst you are using your narrowboat
- Chartering/Commercial Use – if you are planning to use your narrowboat for commercial purposes e.g. to hire it out then make sure that you declare this when obtaining your narrowboat insurance quote as otherwise cover may be excluded
- Age of the narrowboat – if your narrowboat is more than 20 years old a full survey and valuation report may need to be obtained before you can take out your narrowboat insurance
- UK Registration – most UK insurers will only provide insurance for your narrowboat if it is registered in the UK
- Territorial Limits – check that your narrowboat insurance quote covers all of the territorial waters that you plan to sail in
If you are looking for cheap narrowboat insurance quotes then there are a number of ways you can save money on your caravan insurance:
- Excess - opting for a higher excess will save you money on your narrowboat insurance quote
- Mooring - insurance premiums can vary according to where your narrowboat is moored and the proportion of the year that your narrowboat is out of the water
- Qualifications - insurers will generally also offer cheap narrowboat insurance quotes if you have a relevant qualification
- No Claims Bonus - you can also receive a discount on your narrowboat insurance quote for more than one year's claim free boating