Customer Area
feefo rating icon a hillside coastal town

Overseas Holiday Home Insurance Detail

a holiday villa with a pool

MyInsurance specialises in insurance for overseas holiday homes used solely by yourself and/or let out for part of the year.

We source quotes from leading providers of holiday home insurance so now you no longer have to visit a range of different sites to obtain a quote.

Quote & Buy >

MyInsurance products are specifically designed for overseas holiday home owners and provide cover that standard home insurance policies will not include.

We can also offer home insurance for British expatriates living overseas.

Many insurance companies will not offer insurance for overseas holiday homes due to the additional insurance risks associated with holiday homes, for example:

  • Many overseas holiday homes are unoccupied during the week and/or for extended periods of time during the winter which means that:
    • They can be at greater risk of burst pipes, theft and/or malicious damage/vandalism
    • If there is a flood or fire, the damage to the holiday home can more severe as it can take longer for the fire brigade etc to be notified and the crisis dealt with
  • Holiday homes also present a higher insurance risk for Public Liability insurance because:
    • The owner of the holiday home is often absent when guests or visitors are on the premises
    • There can be more guests/visitors to an overseas holiday home than a normal home
    • Overseas holiday homes often have swimming pools which present greater insurance risks/hazards

MyInsurance specialist insurance for overseas holiday homes is different from ordinary home insurance in a number of ways as it can also include:

  • Loss of Rent
    • Cover for loss of overseas holiday home rental income e.g. following a fire, theft, flood etc
  • Alternative Accommodation Costs
    • Cover for additional costs if alternative accommodation needs to be arranged following an incident
  • Public Liability
    • Insurance for injury to guests or other third parties or damage to their property e.g. if there is an accident at the overseas holiday home for which you are legally liable
  • Employers Liability
    • Insurance for any domestic staff/contractors you employ (whether on a full time, part time or unpaid work basis) e.g. if you are found legally liable for injury to cleaners whilst they are working at the overseas holiday home
  • Accidental Damage Cover
    • Accidental damage insurance for overseas holiday homes (both buildings and contents) including where let out on a commercial basis
  • Swimming Pool Cover
    • Inclusion of swimming pools for the same cover as the main buildings insurance as well as compensation for loss of use following damage to the pool
  • Theft
    • Including insurance for Theft of contents even whilst occupied by guests
  • Legal Expenses
    • Insurance in the event of a legal dispute

However, the true value of the overseas holiday home insurance product you choose is only fully recognised when a claim is made. In particular, anyone who wants to insure their overseas holiday home with us can benefit from:

  • Straightforward policy wordings written in English
  • Dealing with specialist in the UK holiday home market
  • UK based claims centres with English speaking staff
  • Where applicable, English speaking staff liaising with overseas loss adjusters