Compare speedboat insurance quotes from leading marine insurers including in order to find cheap speedboat insurance that suits your specific requirements.
Buying a speedboat can be a significant financial investment and it is important to ensure that you can compare speedboat insurance quotes so that you can get the best price for the insurance cover you need.
Speedboat insurance is a specialist class of insurance which most of the big brand insurance companies won't insure and we aim to help you compare speedboat insurance quotes from leading insurance providers.
The key elements of speedboat insurance to look out for include:
- Comprehensive Cover – where possible you should try and insure your speedboat for “comprehensive” cover which includes insurance for accidental damage, theft and malicious damage/vandalism
- Theft Cover – check whether your speedboat insurance quote provides cover Make sure all items left on the deck otherwise you may need to lock all items away for cover to be in force
- Transit Cover – check that full cover applies whilst the speedboat is in transit on a trailer
- Drives and Outboard Motors – check whether your speedboat insurance quote includes cover for stern drives and outboard motors whilst underway
- Third Party Liability Insurance – you should obtain a minimum of £1m Third Party Liability insurance for your speedboat as this is the minimum requirement for may harbours, marinas, or water authorities and to ensure you have adequate insurance cover in the event of injury to a third party or damage to their property whilst you are using your speedboat
- Maximum Speed – some insurers impose maximum speed limits on their speedboat insurance so check that any restrictions meet your requirements
- Waterskiing – if you plan to use your speedboat for waterskiing make sure that you declare this when obtaining your speedboat insurance quote and check that cover is included with your quotation
- Towing Toys – if you plan to use towing toys with your speedboat e.g. inflatable rings, bananas etc make sure that you declare this when obtaining your speedboat insurance quote and check that cover is provided as some insurers specifically exclude this
- Racing – if you plan to go racing in your speedboat ensure you declare this when obtaining your speedboat insurance quote as it may affect your quotation
- Chartering/Commercial Use – if you are planning to use your speedboat for commercial purposes e.g. to hire it out then make sure that you declare this when obtaining your speedboat insurance quote as otherwise cover may be excluded
- Age of the Speedboat – if your speedboat is more than 20 years old a full survey and valuation report may need to be obtained before you can take out your speedboat insurance
- UK Registration – most UK insurers will only provide insurance for your speedboat if it is registered in the UK
- Territorial Limits – check that your speedboat insurance quote covers all of the territorial waters that you plan to sail in
If you are looking for cheap speedboat insurance quotes then there are a number of ways you can save money on your caravan insurance:
- Excess - opting for a higher excess will save you money on your speedboat insurance quote
- Security - insurance companies offer cheap speedboat insurance quotes where appropriate security systems are in place on the speedboat e.g. wheel clamps on trailers
- Mooring - insurance premiums can vary according to where your speedboat is moored and the proportion of the year that your speedboat is out of the water
- Manufacturer - speedboat insurance quotes can also depend upon the make of speedboat e.g. some insurers offer discounts for specific makes of speedboat and so you may want to obtain insurance quotes before buying your speedboat
- Qualifications - insurers will generally also offer cheap speedboat insurance quotes if you have a relevant qualification
- No Claims Bonus - you can also receive a discount on your speedboat insurance quote for more than one year's claim free boating